Tramar, your NVOCC specializing in coffee
An entire department of our Group is devoted to “Green Coffee” imports and exports. Coffee – once called “green gold” in French – requires highly specialist market knowledge of international food commodities.
With our rich experience rooted in the coffee legacy of Le Havre, our team of experts knows this market and its environment inside out. In fact, we are linked permanently to the London International Financial Futures and Options Exchange (LIFFE).
Specialist knowledge of coffee handling
Tramar looks to its subsidiary acquired in 1995, Societe des Receveurs de Café (SRC), for coffee-related orders. Founded in 1920, in the ensuing decades SRC played an active role in developing special handling techniques for green coffee.
These techniques require precision and strict adherence to best practices from the moment coffee is unloaded at the port terminals to its arrival at our specialized warehouses where various operations are performed:
- Weighing (scales are approved by France’s official metrology authority DIRECCTE and SRC is licensed by French customs to issue official weigh notes)
- Sampling (open or sealed samples)
- Checking bag markings
- Removing empty and damaged bags, reconditioning, sorting and repacking coffee
- Preventing contamination (fumigation or other appropriate method)
- Mass storage
- LIFFE coffee stocks
- Certified organic or fair trade coffee
Real-time stock and inventory management with our WMS
Preparation of orders/loading/packaging
- Jute bags
- Ocean freight/EUR pallets
- Container stuffing for re-export
A dynamic warehouse
Our dedicated 12,000-square meter warehouse built in 2005 is specially designed for coffee. It has the Zone Franche Communautaire label and is a LIFFE nominated warehouse.
With storage capacity of 160,000 bags of coffee, we handle approximately 50,000 tonnes of coffee every year.
- Permanent team of 12 people solely working with coffee
- Board member of the French green coffee association, UNACAF
- Quality and technical arbitrator at the Le Havre coffee and pepper arbitration board (Chambre Arbitrale des Cafés et Poivres du Havre)
- Free warehouse (Freedom WMS) linked to customs to faster, simpler entrance and exit formalities